The Marshall Government has reaffirmed its strong commitment to the South Australia brand - with a renewed focus on interstate and international markets - as it looks to refresh how the state is promoted to drive economic and jobs growth.
Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment David Ridgway said the government-owned logo - which features a modern adaptation of the State with an open door, depicting SA as a central doorway to the nation - would remain available to any local business who wished to use it for marketing purposes.
The brand will be managed by the Department of Trade, Tourism and Investment from July 1, following the decision by the independent not-for-profit organisation, Brand SA, to cease operation at the end of the financial year.
It followed a decision by the Government, post the Joyce Review, to reallocate funds previously provided to the organisation to concentrate marketing and promotion efforts interstate and overseas.
“The Government remains strongly committed to the State brand, it will continue to be accessible to local businesses as we refresh how South Australia is promoted to drive economic and jobs growth,” said Minister Ridgway.
“Following the Joyce Review, we have decided to focus our state promotion efforts on interstate and international markets – rather than within the state itself - which we believe will have significant flow-on benefits to drive economic and jobs growth.
“I thank Brand SA for its work over recent years and trust that individuals and businesses associated with the organisation will continue to be strong advocates for this wonderful state.”
Mr Ridgway said there were also many key state promotion organisations across government -including the South Australian Tourism Commission and StudyAdelaide - in addition to industry groups, such as Business SA and Food SA.